Your first visit to our office includes:
- Review of your medical history
- Full mouth series of x-rays
- Periodontal (Gum disease) evaluation
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ (Jaw joint) evaluation
- Examination of existing restorations
- Complete treatment plan made for you with alternatives and options
Dental x-rays are crucial for providing information about areas that we can not see directly by a visual exam. X-Rays allow us to see decay forming under the gums and between the teeth. Often these areas are hidden from direct view. The x-rays also allow us to see tooth and gum infections by viewing the destruction of surrounding bone. We recommend that you have a full mouth set of x-rays about every 5 years and bitewing x-rays (cavity detecting x-rays) once a year.
The doctor will review with you any past or current medical conditions to ensure you receive optimal dental care.
Please bring with you any medication names and doses that you are currently taking.