Your first visit to our office includes:
- Review of your medical history
- Full-mouth series of X-rays
- Periodontal (gum disease) evaluation
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ (jaw joint) evaluation
- Examination of existing restorations
- Complete treatment plan made for you with alternatives and options
Dental X-rays are crucial for providing information about areas that we can not see directly by a visual exam. X-rays allow us to see decay forming under the gums and between the teeth. Often, these areas are hidden from direct view.
The X-rays also allow us to see tooth and gum infections by viewing the destruction of surrounding bone. We recommend that you have a full-mouth set of X-rays done about every 5 years and bitewing X-rays (cavity-detecting X-rays) once a year.
Dr. Mitchell will review any past or current medical conditions with you to ensure you receive optimal dental care.
Please bring with you any medication names and doses that you are currently taking.