Your first visit to our office includes:
- Review of your medical history
- Full-mouth series of X-rays
- Periodontal (gum disease) evaluation
- Limited oral cancer screening
- Comprehensive oral cancer screening with Oral ID technology (optional with addititional cost)
- TMJ (jaw joint) evaluation
- Examination of existing restorations
- Complete treatment plan made for you with alternatives and options
Dental X-rays are crucial for providing information about areas that we can not see directly by a visual exam. X-rays allow us to see decay forming under the gums and between the teeth. Often, these areas are hidden from direct view.
The X-rays also allow us to see tooth and gum infections by viewing the destruction of surrounding bone. We recommend that you have a full-mouth set of X-rays done about every 5 years and bitewing X-rays (cavity-detecting X-rays) once a year.
OralID uses a proven, optically based technology called, "fluorescence technology." OralID's fluorescence technology uses a blue light (435–460 nm) that provides the clinician an aid in visualization of oral mucosal abnormalities, such as oral cancer and pre-cancer.
Dr. Mitchell will review any past or current medical conditions with you to ensure you receive optimal dental care.
Please bring with you any medication/vitamins names and doses that you are currently taking.